Wednesday, March 26, 2014

This, too, shall pass.

“As human beings, not only do we seek resolution, but we also feel that we deserve resolution. However, not only do we not deserve resolution, we suffer from resolution. We don't deserve resolution; we deserve something better than that. We deserve our birthright, which is the middle way, an open state of mind that can relax with paradox and ambiguity.” 

 Pema Chödrön, When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times

How much ambiguity and uncertainty can one live with?
Me? Little. Being somewhat borderline OCD and very inquisitive, I need answers, I need certainty, I need closure. Not exactly a bad thing, but I won’t say it’s the best though. I tend to probe too much, and end up knowing more than I need to. Truths are always good – it’s just a matter of whether we can deal with them. I hope I can. I hope it’s just my paranoia and not a greater underlying issue. I hope this will just die with time.

This, too, shall pass.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment